PDA

View Full Version : RHR To Rahal?

TedN
03-30-06, 09:19 AM
I'm hearing that there is a chance RHR will end up in Paul Dana's ride starting in Japan. Apparently he has been contacted by Rahal, or has been in contact with Rahal and is on that short list of drivers.

Anyone else hear this?

Ted

chop456
03-30-06, 09:28 AM
Reserving comment on the obvious. :shakehead

Insomniac
03-30-06, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of people have gone over there when ChampCar doesn't pan out.

Fio1
03-30-06, 01:58 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of people have gone over there when ChampCar doesn't pan out.

It beats sitting doing nothing. I'd have gone to see Aston Martin myself back in January, but who knows what CCWS people were promising to him. Last year they put him in the s****e situation, and I'm sure he didn't want to have another season like that, do the Dale Coyne thing was not an option. Sportscars or IRL, I'd pick sportscars, but at least if you stick in open wheel racing, you can always come back to Champcars. History shows that iff you go to sportscars, you never come back to formula cars. At least, not full time.

Besides, I never understood why he never represented America in A1GP. He'd have done a lot better then Bryan 'low speed' Herta. :shakehead

chop456
03-30-06, 02:01 PM
Apparently the obvious isn't.

Rahal canned Miera to take on a ride buyer. If RHR had money, he'd presumably be buying a ride in Champ Car, right? If Rahal's not going to pay him (and why would he), why would Hunter-Reay go there?

Makes no sense.

RichK
03-30-06, 02:06 PM
Apparently the obvious isn't.

Rahal canned Miera to take on a ride buyer. If RHR had money, he'd presumably be buying a ride in Champ Car, right? If Rahal's not going to pay him (and why would he), why would Hunter-Reay go there?

Makes no sense.

Maybe the Ethanol sponsorship stays, and Ethanol folks want to see an American driver?

JoeBob
03-30-06, 02:16 PM
I think the Ethanol folks want an American, and there aren't many available that haven't already had their shot.

RHR blew his shots in ChampCar by either not being fast enough and crashing too much. (Not to mention 'dinger taking on the crown of "Next Great American" by being faster and more colorful.)

This is a solid ride, and probably Ryan's last shot at "making it" in the big leagues.

He's a good pick for the ride, hopefully he can get over The Hump and stick around.

Racing Truth
03-30-06, 03:43 PM
I think the Ethanol folks want an American, and there aren't many available that haven't already had their shot.

RHR blew his shots in ChampCar by either not being fast enough and crashing too much. (Not to mention 'dinger taking on the crown of "Next Great American" by being faster and more colorful.)

This is a solid ride, and probably Ryan's last shot at "making it" in the big leagues.

He's a good pick for the ride, hopefully he can get over The Hump and stick around.

Yeah, say what I will about RHR and the IRL, you're right. And while coincidental, it would happen to be a talent-based pick too.

Fio1
03-30-06, 11:53 PM
It doesn't matter if he's American or not, he's the best guys left without a ride. :cool:

theunions
03-31-06, 03:32 AM
I heard the same thing two days ago, without having seen anything mentioned online.

Ferdman
03-31-06, 01:48 PM
It may not be a bad move for RHR at all. He may just have to suck it in for one year only in the crapwagons, and survive, to position himself for a DP01 ride in 2007. This would be similar to Alex Barron going to an Atlantics ride where the team looks to move up to ChampCars in 07. Take one step backwards to take two forwards.

theunions
03-31-06, 02:46 PM
Remember that he went as far as to do a seat fitting with Chip last off-season.

Racing Truth
03-31-06, 09:13 PM
Or not. (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2392029)

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-06, 09:37 PM
I was hoping they were talking about Gene Simmons. :gomer:

Good for him, he has more potential than RHR anyway. Kinda ironic how it took a death and a life-threatening injury to get Rahal to hire 2 of the 3 Americans on his team. :rolleyes:

Fio1
04-01-06, 01:56 AM
The thing I find pretty funny about that article is that Bobby Rahal is out of town. Where is he, in China with Team Lebanon? :rolleyes:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-02-06, 07:52 PM
At least RHR won't be in the I*L sleds.

pchall
04-02-06, 08:08 PM
It doesn't matter if he's American or not, he's the best guys left without a ride. :cool:

Yes, but Sarah Fisher is obviously corn fed and would make a much better spokesperson.

Fio1
04-02-06, 08:45 PM
Yes, but Sarah Fisher is obviously corn fed and would make a much better spokesperson.

:shakehead That's soooooooo wrong on so many different levels. It's 100% true, but it's just wrong! Funny, but wrong....well, actually it isn't that wrong. It's actually makes so much sense that Gene Simmons might even write a song for that. Hey, what if Sara Fisher's middle name was Mindy? :laugh: