PDA

View Full Version : Pine Nut

racer2c
03-28-06, 10:51 PM
I used to be able to name every nut that there was. And it used to drive my mother crazy, because she used to say, "Harlan Pepper, if you don't stop naming nuts," and the joke was that we lived in Pine Nut, and I think that's what put it in my mind at that point. So she would hear me in the other room, and she'd just start yelling. I'd say, "Peanut. Hazelnut. Cashew nut. Macadamia nut." That was the one that would send her into going crazy. She'd say, "Would you stop naming nuts!" And Hubert used to be able to make the sound, he couldn't talk, but he'd go "rrrawr rrawr" and that sounded like Macadamia nut. Pine nut, which is a nut, but it's also the name of a town. Pistachio nut. Red pistachio nut. Natural, all natural white pistachio nut.

Watching Westminster. :)

Posting in wrong forum. Doh. :shakehead

Kiwifan
03-29-06, 03:31 AM
racer it sounds like you been playing with your Finschia nuts again. :)

Just joking! :p

Rusty.

chop456
03-29-06, 04:03 AM
Needs more commas. Way more.

Kiwifan
03-29-06, 04:38 AM
hey, I'm, not, paper,,,,,,,,, ;) nor an English teacher. :)

:p

Rusty,,,

chop456
03-29-06, 05:04 AM
Not you. The original post.

Anything rambling and incomprehensible needs a boatload of commas.

Kiwifan
03-29-06, 06:48 AM
I thought it was chop, but the temptation to place a joke was too great. ;) Must be the weird Kiwi humour. :)

Rusty.

Ankf00
03-29-06, 07:01 AM
your momma,,,, she should've taken you out back,,, a long time,,, ago,

emjaya
03-29-06, 07:32 AM
mmmm,macadamia nuts,just starting to drop from the tree's in my yard. :)

racer2c
03-29-06, 08:38 AM
No "Best in Show" fans? I'm disappointed. :(

indyfan31
03-29-06, 10:43 AM
THAT'S IT!! For the life of me I couldn't figure out where I'd heard the name Harlan Pepper. Damn funny movie. :laugh:

Ankf00
03-29-06, 12:02 PM

don't worry, be happy.

http://www.cottonisland.com/prodimages/jnkimapeperredS.jpg

RichK
03-29-06, 12:59 PM

There are some West Coast fans who just woke up. :)
I quote that all the time, every time someone is eating nuts. Nobody gets it, and my wife just rolls her eyes. :cry:

RichK
03-29-06, 01:00 PM
don't worry, be happy.

http://www.cottonisland.com/prodimages/jnkimapeperredS.jpg

Dr. Pepper: Texas Champagne!

devilmaster
03-29-06, 01:43 PM
I quote that all the time, every time someone is eating nuts. Nobody gets it, and my wife just rolls her eyes. :cry:

That should be a hint to you, Rich ;)

racer2c
03-29-06, 02:45 PM
There are some West Coast fans who just woke up. :)

:thumbup: :cool:

dando
03-29-06, 05:12 PM
We started this magazine, 'American Bitch'. It's a focus on the issues of the lesbian pure bred dog owner.

:laugh:

Classic flick. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

RaceGrrl
03-29-06, 05:23 PM
Sorry, for me Chris Guest is forever typecast as Nigel Tufnel. I watched Best in Show but just couldn't get into it.

My sense of humor is more Python-esque

indyfan31
03-29-06, 07:12 PM
Sorry, for me Chris Guest is forever typecast as Nigel Tufnel. I watched Best in Show but just couldn't get into it.

Try watching A Mighty Wind, there's a ridiculous moment when the three of them are on screen at once, balding old men in funny clothes, singing folk songs. Then it hits you .... THAT'S SPINAL TAP!

RichK
03-29-06, 07:18 PM
Try watching A Mighty Wind, there's a ridiculous moment when the three of them are on screen at once, balding old men in funny clothes, singing folk songs. Then it hits you .... THAT'S SPINAL TAP!

Yes, that was hilarious! :cool: