PDA

View Full Version : Big Love

racer2c
03-27-06, 12:25 PM
I'm really digging this show. Someone posted a threat but I couldn't find it in a quick search (actually I think it was tacked on to a thread about Paxton IIRC).

Unique and interesting subject matter with a Soprano's Lite twist to it. Excellent acting, particularly the actress who plays Margene (Chloƫ Sevigny) and the actor who plays Roman Grant (Harry Dean Stanton).

fourrunner
03-27-06, 12:44 PM
I love the show also ... I've got to get more into it though, I missed last weeks episode

Religion is certainly not "religious"

There is something to satisfy everyone, or there wouldn't be 500 different ones !

I'm sure the threats were based on revealing the "dirty little secrets" , or by some dupe that never realized these things exist !

"the Opiate of the Masses" is never more true, then when you scratch the "underbelly" and people rise up in outrage, bursting their bubble !!

oddlycalm
03-27-06, 04:53 PM
"Big Love" is well written, well acted and is doing a good job capturing the tone and entanglements of the subject community.

There have been a number of occasions that I've gone to see company managements in the region and on my arrival been faced by the local ward or stake leaders who are in defacto control of the business. I also lived in Southern Idaho long enough to understand the system. They will give you a hand up but that hand will then stay in your pocket forever... and that's in addition to the requisite personal tithe. The corralation to the Sopranos is as amusing as it is appropriate.

oc