03-25-06, 01:58 PM
Barry Zito sucks.

devilmaster
03-25-06, 02:00 PM
Go Tigers! (and take the Lions with ya)

Racing Truth
03-25-06, 02:54 PM
Barry Zito sucks.

Ahhhhh, good to have the familiar refrain back again! ;)

Nappy: What are your expectations for the Tribe? I'm thinking 85-87 wins, given what they lost, but if Sabathia truly is the ace, could be :thumbup: .

Stu
03-25-06, 02:58 PM
162 wins

RHR_Fan
03-25-06, 03:22 PM
Bo Brewers! :) :thumbup:

~Nicole

Ankf00
03-25-06, 04:02 PM
The Rocket still ownz j00. http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/04/01/08/clemens/ut83.jpg

:p

Napoleon
03-25-06, 04:28 PM
Nappy: What are your expectations for the Tribe?

I'll make a prediction before the beginning of the season. I haven't really been paying attention the last few months as my place of employment imploded when a large downtown law firm tried to buy it and I was scrambling to develope alternative offers so I could tell the boys downtown to cram it up their you know what instead of taking their offer.

Anyways, I am inclined to think they are going to do better then you think, but let me think about it a little more.

PS, I have 4 tickets in section 117 for the home opener. :thumbup:

B3RACER1a
03-25-06, 04:50 PM
This will be the Cardinal's year. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
03-25-06, 07:07 PM
If someone pegs Barry Bonds in the head with a career-ending fastball (preferably on opening day), I'll be happy for the entire season.

Stu
03-25-06, 07:09 PM
If someone pegs Barry Bonds in the head with a career-ending fastball (preferably on opening day), I'll be happy for the entire season.

Will he get to play against Buerhle?

Sean O'Gorman
03-25-06, 07:17 PM
Heh. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a pitcher. Maybe one of his teammates will get fed up with him and whip a bat at his head or something like that.

dando
03-27-06, 12:06 AM
Anyways, I am inclined to think they are going to do better then you think, but let me think about it a little more.

No more the 85 is my guess. Byrd will disappoint, Wick will implode and blow a few more saves than last season, and the setup crew will not be the same w/o Howry. CC is a #2 or #3 SP on most teams other than Cincy. :gomer: YMMV.

-Kevin

Stu
03-28-06, 01:34 PM
Clearwater, Fla. -- Asked what he would be doing when the White Sox receive their World Series rings April 4 at U.S. Cellular Field before playing the Indians in the second game of the season, Travis Hafner said, "I'll probably be in the bathroom throwing up."

I'm sure he still feels a little hate for Mark, hope he doesnt plan on throwing at his head again.

Racing Truth
04-01-06, 02:13 PM
This will be the Cardinal's year. :thumbup:

Sincerely,

2001-2005

:gomer: :p

Ankf00
04-01-06, 03:05 PM
^^^

:rofl:

devilmaster
04-01-06, 03:13 PM
For my buddy RTKar ;)

Always gotta play this song at the start of the season.......

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/cubs.ram

BTW rick, Tigers vs. Cubbies is a go. We got tix for Friday. Planning to be there all weekend. :)

Napoleon
04-01-06, 05:37 PM
For the Tribe I am going to guess they will be in the 93 to 95 range this year.

Stu
04-01-06, 05:47 PM
Sincerely,

2001-2005

:gomer: :p

Have the Cards or Stros done anything to improve this off season? I haven't heard of much, but I don't follow the NL like I do the AL.

The Stros could still be good without making any moves, because they were young last year and grew the most by experience (just like the wigwammers).

Milwaukee could do well, Chicago would need a lot to go right for them to do well and they already have pitching troubles, Pittsburgh is improved but thats not a hard thing to do, and the Reds, well, their pitching is better but they are still the Reds.

Racing Truth
04-01-06, 06:18 PM
For the Tribe I am going to guess they will be in the 93 to 95 range this year.

Wow, more optimistic than I am, but I do think they'll be more consistent swinging the bats than last yr.

BTW: Local radio guy (Brinda again) seriously (semi at least) has the Tribe winning the whole thing. :eek: Key is April and May. If they start off fairly well, unlike last yr., then Dolan will have to make a move before the deadline.

Stu: Yeah, Brewers could be tough this yr.

Napoleon
04-01-06, 06:27 PM
. . . but I do think they'll be more consistent swinging the bats than last yr.

I am pretty much totally basing my guess on the assumption that they are more consistant. Do you know how many one run games they lost? A bunch. And the absolutely stunk in April and May last year and still won 93 games.

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-06, 06:34 PM
BTW: Local radio guy

You should've stopped right there. Get a satellite radio already. :)

Ankf00
04-01-06, 07:10 PM
Astros decided to bolster the lineup with Preston Wilson for 4 years in lieu of Rocket :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
04-01-06, 07:13 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060329/capt.azer10603292318.giants_athletics_spring_baseb all_azer106.jpg

Barry Zito sucks.

Don Quixote
04-01-06, 08:29 PM
If someone pegs Barry Bonds in the head with a career-ending fastball (preferably on opening day), I'll be happy for the entire season. Sweet. The pitch needs to start behind the head so he backs into it. :thumbup:

p.s. nappy is smoking opium on the tribes win total. :D

Stu
04-02-06, 12:15 AM
Astros decided to bolster the lineup with Preston Wilson for 4 years in lieu of Rocket :laugh:

How bad was your outfield that Preston Wilson would be an upgrade?

Ankf00
04-02-06, 05:25 AM
from '04 to '05 Houston lost 111 home runs worth of offense, yet your dumbass made the argument that "the astros made the LCS the year before so anything less than the WS this year is a failure" :rolleyes:

Houston snuck past last year, but considering that Ensberg cooled down considerably post-break, any bats are considered a contribution to the line up... Preston, I have no clue why he has a 4 year 16 mil contract, but apparently we suck that badly enough that we need him...

"how bad was your outfield"... we had craig biggio out there, if you can't figure that out on your own you need professional help ;)

Napoleon
04-02-06, 09:57 AM
p.s. nappy is smoking opium on the tribes win total. :D

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Stu
04-02-06, 10:30 AM
from '04 to '05 Houston lost 111 home runs worth of offense, yet your dumbass made the argument that "the astros made the LCS the year before so anything less than the WS this year is a failure" :rolleyes:

Houston snuck past last year, but considering that Ensberg cooled down considerably post-break, any bats are considered a contribution to the line up... Preston, I have no clue why he has a 4 year 16 mil contract, but apparently we suck that badly enough that we need him...

"how bad was your outfield"... we had craig biggio out there, if you can't figure that out on your own you need professional help ;)

yea I said it was failure if they dont make it to the series. i have this belief in sports that you shouldnt be satisfied unless you do better than you did last year (or if you go through an official rebuild).

i'm not gonna be satisfied as an Indians fan if they don't make the playoffs this year. I won't be satisfied as a Browns fan if they don't go 8-8 or better. I'm still not satisfied as a Cavs fan because I think they should go to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.

We have differing views of what to expect from sports teams. Thats fine.

Ankf00
04-02-06, 03:26 PM
Pettite, Oswalt, Backe, and 2 random youngsters make up the staff

me thinks the Cards take the division this year :-/

Stu
04-02-06, 03:37 PM
Pettite, Oswalt, Backe, and 2 random youngsters make up the staff

me thinks the Cards take the division this year :-/

just as long as its not the Cubs. :thumdown:

Napoleon
04-02-06, 09:01 PM
Uh, can I modify my prediction to 75 games?

dando
04-02-06, 09:04 PM
Uh, can I modify my prediction to 75 games?
Jeebus. :eek:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-03-06, 12:49 AM
:thud:

tllips
04-03-06, 01:08 AM
Thome launches the season! Literally, that was a shot! :D

RHR_Fan
04-03-06, 10:33 AM
After class I'm going to pick up some hot dogs and my mom and I are going to watch the Brewers. :thumbup: I'm tempted to leave class early so I can watch the start!

~Nicole

Gangrel
04-03-06, 11:23 AM

Tony George
04-03-06, 12:15 PM
If Danny Graves is on your team- it sucks!

rabbit
04-03-06, 12:42 PM
If Danny Graves is on your team- it sucks!
True dat.

Sorry Tribe fans. I'm just glad he's not in Cincy anymore. : phew:

And what's with the haircut. :saywhat:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_115056.jpg

dando
04-03-06, 12:55 PM
And what's with the haircut.
Dats cuz this one was already taken:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:8-hF8p2tqDSAgM:www.frohnau-flamingos.de/oldpage/icon/film/capsslv.jpg

:gomer: :D

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-03-06, 02:05 PM
Dats cuz this one was already taken:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:8-hF8p2tqDSAgM:www.frohnau-flamingos.de/oldpage/icon/film/capsslv.jpg

:gomer: :D

-KevinNo one here will ever get that reference. :gomer:

Ankf00
04-03-06, 04:53 PM
cubs n cards teeing off like they're playing by AL rules

Stu
04-03-06, 05:39 PM
No one here will ever get that reference. :gomer:

:rofl:

Stu
04-03-06, 05:40 PM
True dat.

But in Cincy he was the #1 guy. The closer. The most valuable of the pen.

In Cleveland, he's #7 of 7, and there are 2 relievers in Buffalo ready to take his spot if he plays like last year.

rabbit
04-03-06, 05:53 PM
Being the No. 1 pitcher at Cincinnati is like being the winner of an Indy 500 circa 1996-1999. :cry:

dando
04-03-06, 06:47 PM
No one here will ever get that reference. :gomer:

:D

The Dodgers officially suck. :shakehead Carry on.

-Kevin

Tony George
04-03-06, 06:52 PM

In Cleveland, he's #7 of 7, and there are 2 relievers in Buffalo ready to take his spot if he plays like last year.

He was #1 when he was good, once he started sucking he was sent to the garbage dump (aka Shea Stadium). :eek:

devilmaster
04-03-06, 06:54 PM
"there's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga river..... "

;)

Stu
04-03-06, 07:53 PM
He was #1 when he was good, once he started sucking he was sent to the garbage dump (aka Shea Stadium). :eek:

again, I'm not sweating it.

Tribe has 2 major league ready relievers sitting in Buffalo and signed Graves to the league minimum.

There was no risk and all sorts of potential reward in signing him.

People were saying the same crap about Howry, Rhodes, and Sauerbeck when they were injured and Shapiro signed them to minor league deals.

Dr. Corkski
04-03-06, 11:07 PM
1.1IP, 4H, 7R, 7ER, 4BB, 3SO, 1HR, 59-29, 47.25 ERA

BARRY ZITO SUCKS.

Gangrel
04-04-06, 10:18 AM
Don't know why you guys are going on and on here....it's plain to see that the ChiSox are heading for a repeat, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride... :cool:

dando
04-04-06, 04:22 PM
Don't know why you guys are going on and on here....it's plain to see that the ChiSox are heading for a repeat, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride... :cool:
Checking scoreboard....

;)

-Kevin

Gangrel
04-04-06, 04:48 PM
Checking scoreboard....

;)

-Kevin

LOL touche....

so, they ain't going 162-0 this year... :D

TKGAngel
04-04-06, 04:49 PM
"there's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga river..... "

;)

Now I have that song stuck in my head. :p

I don't really pay attention to baseball until the hockey season's over, but I'm predicting that the Braves will win the NL East this year.

dando
04-04-06, 05:51 PM
The fat man is out for 3-5 weeks. Prolly a blessing for the Tribe. :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2396456

-Kevin

dando
04-04-06, 05:52 PM
Now I have that song stuck in my head. :p

I don't really pay attention to baseball until the hockey season's over, but I'm predicting that the Braves will win the NL East this year.
The Sabres are in the playoffs anyway. :cool:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-04-06, 08:07 PM
Checking scoreboard....

;)

-Kevin

:thumbup: :thumbup:

One of the guys im training with is from Chicago, it was fun to taunt him about it all afternoon.

Stu
04-04-06, 08:30 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

One of the guys im training with is from Chicago, it was fun to taunt him about it all afternoon.

You were taunting him all afternoon? The game ended at like 5.

Sean O'Gorman
04-04-06, 09:35 PM
I never adjusted my watch yet, so it was like 1:00 in my mind when I started it. :p

Dr. Corkski
04-09-06, 04:29 AM
Zito still couldn't get past of the 6th inning without throwing 100 pitches even though the Mariners never bothered to show up and only managed a hit off of him. :laugh:

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Stu
04-09-06, 09:05 AM
Zito goes 6 innings and gives up one hit which really should have been caught and you complain?

Are you sure you aren't from Cleveburg?

Ankf00
04-10-06, 10:10 PM
yesterday was a perfect day to be at the ballpark, soriano's a little wus too, out in left field between at bats he'd retreat to the shade afforded by the crawford boxes out in left center, then he'd walk back into position

so after a week of ball...

'stros: 5-2
rangers: 2-5

:laugh: Adam Eaton & Kevin Millwood != pitching staff

CART T. Katz
04-10-06, 10:14 PM
cubs sweep the dirtyburds at wrigley.

all is good in the world.

devilmaster
04-10-06, 10:18 PM
Got up at 8 this mornin, and we were tailgating by 10, got into the park right around 1, drank some more, had the traditional couple hot dogs with mustard, headed back, tailgated some more, headed back to home, drank some more, and now sitting back, relaxin with a beer and reminising about what a beautiful day it was for Tiger Opening Day..... doesn't even matter that they lost.

Ankf00
04-10-06, 10:30 PM
too bad you missed out on seeing them lay the wood to Dallas in person... Millwood == Texas' Zito :gomer: He made the Tigers look like the '27 Yanks

Turbodog
04-10-06, 10:32 PM
yesterday was a perfect day to be at the ballpark, soriano's a little wus too, out in left field between at bats he'd retreat to the shade afforded by the crawford boxes out in left center, then he'd walk back into position

so after a week of ball...

'stros: 5-2
rangers: 2-5

:laugh: Adam Eaton & Kevin Millwood != pitching staff

nice to see you brought home a W. They won again today. Man, Sat Qualls came out with a gas can :shakehead

tllips
04-10-06, 11:41 PM
Tiger Opening Day..... doesn't even matter that they lost.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D

Go SOX!!!!!!!!

Straightening things out the 2nd time through the rotation.

Gangrel
04-11-06, 11:35 AM
Go SOX!!!!!!!!

Straightening things out the 2nd time through the rotation.

Solid performance by Mark, followed by another by Freddy. Both chased by respectable Jenks appearances. Time to stretch the wings out a bit...gonna' be a hell of a season. :D

dando
04-11-06, 01:14 PM
doesn't even matter that they lost.
That's because some things never change. ;)

-Kevin

devilmaster
04-11-06, 01:34 PM
Almost all the runs came off the long ball yesterday....

This is turning into a good season for road trippin....

In addition to our regular slate of Tiger games and a few MudHen games, we already have tix for Wrigley when the Tigers take on the Cubs, our annual May 24 trip is planned for the last ballpark in the area we haven't hit yet, Cleveland.

On the 24 trip we'll also head up to Erie to watch the Seawolves play... Detroit's AA afilliate.

And on top of all that, Detroit plays July 1st weekend in Pitts... and Pittsburgh was a fun city we hit last year... we're workin on that.

After this year, our road trips are going to get more complicated, as we've hit every park thats less than 10 hours away....

dando
04-11-06, 01:41 PM
Almost all the runs came off the long ball yesterday....

This is turning into a good season for road trippin....

In addition to our regular slate of Tiger games and a few MudHen games, we already have tix for Wrigley when the Tigers take on the Cubs, our annual May 24 trip is planned for the last ballpark in the area we haven't hit yet, Cleveland.

On the 24 trip we'll also head up to Erie to watch the Seawolves play... Detroit's AA afilliate.

And on top of all that, Detroit plays July 1st weekend in Pitts... and Pittsburgh was a fun city we hit last year... we're workin on that.

After this year, our road trips are going to get more complicated, as we've hit every park thats less than 10 hours away....

You've got to put Dodger Stadium on your list. Although it appears to have been wrecked after the recent redesign, they apparently returned the seats and stadium paint job to the original color scheme. If that's the case, the designer of the color scheme was blind. :saywhat: In any case, it's truly a temple of baseball.

The Phillies new park is also worth a trip. Get there early to avoid the cheesesteak line.

-Kevin

devilmaster
04-11-06, 01:53 PM
Ya, new ballparks are going to have to be added in. Busch stadium has been redone in St. Louis, so I just kinda suppose we'll have to go back there again darnit... ;)

It always all depends on whose playing at home the weekend before memorial day, but I'm hopeful that next year, with all the talk of new parks, we can do the new york double....

We'll probably throw Philly in with Washington as a double since we've already been to Camden Yards.... Then we start looking at whether its easier to drive or fly for the weekend. St Louis is probably easier to fly, we stayed at an airport hotel and subways take you right downtown....

Kick ass book for road trippin....
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1592281591.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

dando
04-13-06, 06:53 PM
True dat.

But Danny Graves gave up two singles and his wild pitch put runners at second and third with one out before Indians manager Eric Wedge decided to take his chances and walk Ibanez intentionally to face Sexson.

The strategy backfired -- instantly. Sexson ripped Graves' first pitch over the 19-foot-high wall in left field for his second homer, staking the Mariners to a five-run lead.

Sexson going yard for a slam against his old team. Priceless. :laugh:

Maybe the Tribe will get lucky and he'll strain his neck watching his pitches go yard.

Mark it down, the bullpen is the achilles heel of this team. If they don't blow teams out, they will be in late inning trouble all season long.

-Kevin

rabbit
04-13-06, 07:59 PM
Sexson going yard for a slam against his old team. Priceless. :laugh:

Maybe the Tribe will get lucky and he'll strain his neck watching his pitches go yard.

Mark it down, the bullpen is the achilles heel of this team. If they don't blow teams out, they will be in late inning trouble all season long.

-Kevin
But but but, Stu said the Indians had two more guys waiting in the wings. :confused:

dando
04-13-06, 08:16 PM
But but but, Stu said the Indians had two more guys waiting in the wings. :confused:
Perhaps guys like Giles for Rincon? :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
04-14-06, 12:00 AM

They do. One of them pitched 2 nights ago. Jason Davis. Went 2 innings, gave up a run. It was an Ichiro manufactured run too, not like he was pitching poorly.

Graves has actually been decet when used properly. Its our stupid manager who tried to use him for 2.1 innings. Hey, lets take this guy who used to be a closer, then sucked as a starter, then finally got things going as a 1 inning reliever in spring, and lets have him go 2.1 innings and NOT pull him after he can't find the strike zone.

The other guy is Andrew Brown.

He's 24 years old. Last year he was 4-2 with a 3.36 era, but struggled a lot in the first half. In the second half, his era was 1.something.

So far he has given up 1 hit and 1 run in AAA Buffalo over 4.1 innings pitched. Not a lot to go on, but it shows he's continuing his solid pitching of last year. Had a good spring too.

Gangrel
04-14-06, 12:31 PM
:cool:

That's all for now...

Dr. Corkski
04-15-06, 01:18 AM
Barry Zito sucks.

TKGAngel
04-15-06, 07:27 PM
Just got back from today's AAA Buffalo game. It was a beautiful day for baseball, except when the wind switched directions and we froze. The Bisons came back to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th. We left at the top of the 11th, and what do you know, the Bisons hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the inning.

I still think that Buster Bison is the scariest mascot known to mankind.

Link to Buster (http://minors.mlbcontrol.net/images/2006/02/13/X6XqwshI.jpg)

dando
04-15-06, 10:50 PM
I still think that Buster Bison is the scariest mascot known to mankind.

Almost.

Fear the nut:

http://www.collegiateebike.com/ohio_state/photo_gallery/brutus_the_buckeye_2.jpg

;)

-Kevin

Stu
04-15-06, 11:05 PM
Went to Comerica Park for the Indians Tigers game.

What a horrible horrible stadium that was. I like the dimensions of the field, deep walls and large outfield gaps make it something we aren't used to seeing anymore.

But the rest of the place sucked. The fans didn't care, even about the national anthem or player lineups. Then once Hafner went deep to start the game, the crowd was silent.

I was in the mezzanine seats, upper deck down the first base line. The guys around were more worried about getting an even tan than watching the game. Then, I was told to sit down by some old Tigers fan in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. Poor old man wanted to see his team lose. Pardon me for following baseball tradition. :rolleyes:

but I still can't get over how bad this stadium was. It's honestly the worst ballpark I've ever been too. Heck, Cleveland Municipal Stadium had a nicer scoreboard than Comerica and that place was 80 years old.

Ankf00
04-16-06, 02:56 AM
go figure, 'stros are putting runs up on the board and the youngin's are pitching well...

devilmaster
04-16-06, 01:30 PM
Went to Comerica Park for the Indians Tigers game.

What a horrible horrible stadium that was. I like the dimensions of the field, deep walls and large outfield gaps make it something we aren't used to seeing anymore.

But the rest of the place sucked. The fans didn't care, even about the national anthem or player lineups. Then once Hafner went deep to start the game, the crowd was silent.

I was in the mezzanine seats, upper deck down the first base line. The guys around were more worried about getting an even tan than watching the game. Then, I was told to sit down by some old Tigers fan in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. Poor old man wanted to see his team lose. Pardon me for following baseball tradition. :rolleyes:

but I still can't get over how bad this stadium was. It's honestly the worst ballpark I've ever been too. Heck, Cleveland Municipal Stadium had a nicer scoreboard than Comerica and that place was 80 years old.

Can't argue with any of that.

Most Tiger fans agree that they messed up the stadium big time. I think their intention was to have the lower deck feel like a small stadium, so they put almost all of it under the sun - which pushed back the upper deck. It gives CoPa the look of a traditional park, but the feel of a cavernous multi-use stadium like Skydome. All the 'amenities' like the bars, kiddie rides and such, were put on the outside of the stands, as an afterthought. I think of places like Comiskey where they have a bar at field level right behind the right field wall, or Skydome which has 2 restaurants with field views. The designers had a real chance to make CoPa fan friendly and personal, and I think they failed miserably. When the time comes to replace all the new 'traditional' parks in MLB, CoPa will probably be one of the first to go, and no one is going to shed a tear when it does. Personally, I liked the field better before they brought in left field and then put the bullpens in it. (the bullpens used to be underneath the pepsi porch out in right).

http://www.shortfatguy.com/vacation/tigers/DCP01368.JPG

As for the fans, I don't know how to or if I can actually explain it. I really started to notice the lack of enthusiasm when we started our road trips. I've been to something like 8 to 10 parks now - and CoPa is easily the quietest park.

If I had to guess, I'd say its a combination of the fact that everyone is so far away in a huge stadium, and the fact that the Tigers have sucked for years. (at least a dozen years since the tigers had a winning season) Randy Smith (and Mike Illitch who hired him and left him there for years) destroyed the Tigers from top to bottom. They decimated the farm system and traded away good young players for overaged, past their prime players. Dombrowski has slowly tried to put the farm system back together first, and it is starting to show some hope. Verlander and Zumaya are expected to be the pitchers of the future, joining Bonderman in a strong 1-2-3 SP punch. Chris Shelton was a rule 5 pickup from the Pirates and looks to be a future hall of famer. Hopefully the ship is righted, because once the Tigers can put together wins and challenge for a division title, one of the first things i'll be looking for is how the fans react.

Turbodog
04-16-06, 01:52 PM
Bonds needs to quit says this Chronicle beat writer

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3796395.html
:shakehead

devilmaster
04-16-06, 04:35 PM
Bonds needs to quit says this Chronicle beat writer

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3796395.html
:shakehead

I hope Jose De Jesus wrote an article first saying that Selig should come to every ballpark, apologise to the fans before the game and during the 7th inning stretch, stand there and allow fans to throw things at him, and once he has completed all 30 parks (and maybe all AAA parks for good measure) then he should retire for the good of baseball....

I have no doubt that major league baseball and selig knew that steriods were all over the game and they used it to their advantage to help bring back fans from the strike and garner new ones. Its the same selig who is now trying hard to save his job and his reputation from being destroyed by people in congress.

Ankf00
04-16-06, 07:52 PM
I have no doubt that major league baseball and selig knew that steriods were all over the game and they used it to their advantage to help bring back fans from the strike and garner new ones. Its the same selig who is now trying hard to save his job and his reputation from being destroyed by people in congress.
werd, GM's involved in trades would tell each other who was an unpredictable roid head, the league was complicit the entire time, i'll care about bonds when the media starts lynching every other juiced player with the same vehemence :rolleyes:

Stu
04-16-06, 10:32 PM
devilmaster. i agree with you about the good things the tigers are doing. based on farms systems, it looks like the Tigers and Indians are the best bets to have long term success. the white sox are a possibility now that they are willing to carry a 100+ million dollar a year payroll.

its good to see the tigers improve, they have a good history and are old rivals with the tribe.

dando
04-17-06, 09:35 AM
re: Comerica....I haven't been there yet, but it appears to me to be exactly like Great American down in Cincy, but @ least the Tiggers did put some interesting attractions outside the park. An amusing note from yesterday's game...the Tribe broadcast crew mentioned that the dugouts were screwed up and are too big and too far back from the field. The Tiggers had to have benches placed in front of the covered benches in the dug out. :saywhat: Amazing incompetence. :shakehead

-Kevin

Stu
04-17-06, 10:31 AM
I walked around the entire ballpark and really, really hated it. It was poorly designed, and to get food or anything, you miss a lot of action. They have a couple food courts throughout, rather than having a lot of smaller concession stands. So you miss a lot of action cuz of the walking and crowds that can form.

As far as Great American Ballpark goes, I used to dislike it, but Comerica made me appreciate it much more. It has a minor league feel to it, but the club seating and other nice features are pretty cool.

dando
04-17-06, 11:41 AM
As far as Great American Ballpark goes, I used to dislike it, but Comerica made me appreciate it much more. It has a minor league feel to it, but the club seating and other nice features are pretty cool.
The angled seating @ GAB is its only saving grace. Well, that and the fact that they have Skyline. :)

Check this out compared to Steve's pic:

http://www.gbbn.com/pub/photos/lg/Ballpark_2_small.jpg

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-17-06, 12:10 PM
As far as Great American Ballpark goes, I used to dislike it, but Comerica made me appreciate it much more. It has a minor league feel to it, but the club seating and other nice features are pretty cool.Well, they did build that park for the Reds. :gomer:

Stu
04-17-06, 02:14 PM
The angled seating @ GAB is its only saving grace. Well, that and the fact that they have Skyline. :)
-Kevin

Angled seating :thumbup:

Water Chilli :thumdown:

devilmaster
04-17-06, 03:54 PM
http://www.gbbn.com/pub/photos/lg/Ballpark_2_small.jpg

'I can see my house from here!'

Shots from our roadtrip 2 years ago... met up with Peter (pchall) for the game at GAB....

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/gab1.jpg
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/gab2.jpg

devilmaster
04-17-06, 03:54 PM
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/gab3.jpg
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/gab4.jpg

And then after the game, Pete took us out to the Hofbrauhaus in Kentucky....
:thumbup:
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/gab5.jpg

Ankf00
04-17-06, 04:10 PM
thasalottabooze...

yum.

dando
04-17-06, 05:25 PM
Water Chilli :thumdown:
Coney sauce. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
04-17-06, 05:33 PM
And then after the game, Pete took us out to the Hofbrauhaus in Kentucky....
:thumbup:

Neat. Which one's Pete (since I don't see any Foyt swag to give him away)? ;)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-17-06, 06:30 PM
GAB looks pretty lame, it looks like they were anticipating the Bengals being evicted from Paul Brown and moved into the stadium too. :p

devilmaster
04-18-06, 02:48 AM
Neat. Which one's Pete (since I don't see any Foyt swag to give him away)? ;)

-Kevin

L to R - Peter, my buddy Mike (r.i.p. dude), me with the shades on the collar and my buddy Rick.

devilmaster
04-18-06, 02:57 AM
Looking through the photos now....

If you get the chance, go to Pittsburgh.... IMO, they did it right. Beautiful park, good view, nice sightlines.....

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/Pitts1.jpg
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/Pitts2.jpg
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/Pitts3.jpg