PDA

View Full Version : speedfreaks

CART T. Katz
03-24-06, 01:49 PM
ok, this is the last effing straw.

while at 7thgear i subscribed and unsubscribed sucessfully from their mailing list. then i magically re-appeared on it a few months ago. i told them to unsubscribe me and they did it two mailings later after i had threatened them to report them to my isp for spam. (btw, they responded after i said that so i know they read my message).

i just recieved another spam message from them. if there is any information of how about to report them to my isp (in this case aol) and how to get them to STOP SENDING ME THEIR UNWANTED SPAM i would truely be grateful. :flame:

Cam
03-24-06, 01:58 PM
Report them here...... http://www.spamcop.net/ Nail 'em good! :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
03-24-06, 01:59 PM
I would love to see them draw the ire of Opie & Anthony and have their legions of "pests" attack their show. :laugh:

RusH
03-24-06, 02:14 PM
Here is sumthin intersting. They got a unique email address from here at OC that I registered with.
Click on someones name here and if the option to send an email is there, you are EXPOSED to spammers :rolleyes: :cry: :D :thumdown:

Ed_Severson
03-24-06, 02:20 PM
If you know how to access the header on the e-mail they sent you, find the domain name of the server where the e-mail originated from, and then go here (http://www.nicgrab.com/bwwhois.html) and enter that domain name. That will give you name and mailing address for the owner of that domain name.

Sending a brief letter to that address from my attorney's office has never failed to get me off a mailing list.

racermike
03-24-06, 02:35 PM
Ok .. dont jump all over me

I am still trying to figure out why people dont like them. I think I missed something along the way that happened that made people think like this.

Can anyone fill me in?

Gangrel
03-24-06, 03:05 PM
Well, I would say it is a pretty good indicator that people are complaining about SPAM (read: unsolicited, unwanted). Whether they have a common interest or not, they get a hold of email lists and bombard people with unwanted emails. Reason enough?

Add to that the attitude they cop on message boards when people call them out about their tactics. Oh, and let's not forget the whole thing about everyone in their "cast of characters" having to have some kind of a comic book identity/personality.

These guys are the kids that wanted to be everyone's friend and tried too hard all the time back in 7th grade...except now they are in "racing journalism." :shakehead

KLang
03-24-06, 03:16 PM
There was also the incident at 7G where the gal stated she wanted FTG to win the CART bankruptcy case so CART would die.

Spicoli
03-24-06, 03:20 PM

I am still trying to figure out why people dont like them. I think I missed something along the way that happened that made people think like this.

Can anyone fill me in?

Cause thery are annoying ****ing ********s, Mike.

devilmaster
03-24-06, 03:27 PM
For me Mike, its always been the simple fact that their show always seemed like a weak copy of Stern talking motorsport.

I don't like Stern, and I don't like their show. The fact that I just got their spam message again also for the umpteenth time when I never applied for it, and there has been some question as to whether the emails were harvested from here, doesn't endear me to them or their show.

Don Quixote
03-24-06, 03:38 PM
There are so many reasons to not like that show. They are so cool, hip and edgy, dropping names, acting like connected insiders. They have a clear bias and agenda against CC and for the IRL, which they deny. They give powder puff interviews that are a total waste of time. The worst interview I have ever heard was that of TG. The show is annoying like a car alarm, and at the same time boring to the point of being unwatchable. Then there is the spam thing which has been going on for years.

Dr. Corkski
03-24-06, 04:02 PM
spamfreaks. :flame:

They have managed to spam an email addy that I have never used for racing forums. Plus Kenny Sargent freaks me out.

TravelGal
03-24-06, 04:32 PM
At least they take the heat off of AR1. :GUFFAW:

Humor me; it's Friday humor.

Sidenote: ED, thank you a thousand times for that link. Some has co-opted my itsafineday.com addy to make it look like I'm advertising for graphics clients. Now I know how to get to them. I didn't want to just reply; I wanted to know WHO they were. I owe ya one!

nrc
03-24-06, 05:36 PM
Here is sumthin intersting. They got a unique email address from here at OC that I registered with.
Click on someones name here and if the option to send an email is there, you are EXPOSED to spammers :rolleyes: :cry: :D :thumdown:

Unfortunately the default here was originally set to allow users to view your email address. There was an option to turn that off during registration, but most users don't notice it. You can go to the User Control Panel and edit your options to turn that off. We've changed the default to turn that off for new registrations, but existing users have to turn it off themselves.

nrc
03-24-06, 05:55 PM

Can anyone fill me in?

1. It's a terrible show. Seriously, have you seen or heard it? Think typical gonzo local sports radio applied to racing. Obviously YMMV.

2. The show or individiuals on the show were publicly in favor of CART going under and being replaced by the IRL.

3. The show has spammed email addresses gathered without permission from racing forums, including this one, and has been almost completely unresponsive to users' efforts to get removed from their mailing lists.

4. Individuals from the show routinely posted plugs for their show to this and other forums while making no effort to actually participate in the forum or address the concerns about spamming that were being addressed to them.

Sean O'Gorman
03-24-06, 06:02 PM
Why I hate the Speed Freaks:

I'm a huge fan of Opie & Anthony, because they are "real" radio. It has gotten them in alot of trouble, and it leads to the show being very boring at times, and with occasional "bits" that end up not working, but at least they are genuine. When it is bad it is bad, but when it is good, it is great. So, this would make my biggest hate of radio would be the "fake" hosts.

The Speed Freaks are fake because:

1) They try to act "extreme", but really are just a group of goofy looking radio personalities who occasionally use words like "freakin", and do nothing out of the ordinary in the realm of commercial radio.

2) When TheDJ would post here, she would never do anything to back up any controversial post she made. If you are going to state an opinion, back it up!!! I always find myself in sticky situations here but at least I have a defense for anything, and I think that is a million times more respectable than saying something, and then either backtracking or ignoring criticism altogether, while continuing to plug your crappy radio show.

Since I know they are reading this, here are my ideas for them: If the Speedfreaks want my attention, they would have to do something that would stand out in the entire talk genre, not just racing. Bring a racing personality like TG or KK or Kurt Busch or whoever into the studio for an interview and grill them or just embarrass them to the point where they leave and refuse to ever come back on. Drop a giant banner from a bridge at Road America during a race or something along those lines. Have Crash sneak behind a live TV camera and flash her tits and don't cave when conservative groups start boycotting sponsors demanding an apology. You are marketing yourselves as "racing shock jocks", do something that is not only shocking, but highly offensive! That is quality radio right there.

rabbit
03-24-06, 06:16 PM
You are marketing yourselves as "racing shock jocks", do something that is not only shocking, but highly offensive! That is quality radio right there.http://www.speedfreaks.tv/images/bios/lugg.jpg
I don't know Sean, those sunglasses are pretty "shocking" and "highly offensive." :gomer: :cry:

TravelGal
03-24-06, 07:02 PM
What IS this world coming to? Sean O has written an entirely coherent, cogent, and completely correct post and I agree. Oh my. :eek:

Ferdman
03-24-06, 07:39 PM
From what I've heard on their show, they are clearly drinking the Kool-Aid. But what the hell, the DJ/Crash was in the pictures for the Long Beach Turbo Tour sucking up to the ChampCar folk there? I'm really believe they're whores to ratings, just slinging whatever s**t they can just to get a reaction or a rise out of the few listeners they do have.

I too have taken my e-mail addy off their list, and luckily and thankfully so far, they haven't sent me anymore.