PDA

View Full Version : 5.5 Million Buys you all the Vipers you can make

Sean Malone
05-28-09, 03:19 PM
Rumor has it that Chrysler is poised to accept 5.5 mil for the Viper. That includes the Viper factory. The bidder is Devon Motor Works of Grand Rapids MI. They already produce a 'car' based on the Viper.

http://www.devonmotorworks.com/supercars.php

cameraman
05-28-09, 03:49 PM
Doesn't sound right. $5.5 million is less than the scrap value of the factory.

extramundane
05-28-09, 04:03 PM

I believe it's in the court docs. But Chrysler was only asking around $10mil in the first place.

Napoleon
05-28-09, 04:33 PM

I wonder if they are picking up any debt associated with the facility. That would, in effect, bump the purchase price up.

oddlycalm
05-28-09, 05:35 PM

Since it's not a Ch 7 liquidation the court can give preferential treatment to offers that have the best chance of operational success rather than a straight highest offer formula. We may see some interesting new entities in the months to come... or not.

oc

Don Quixote
05-28-09, 06:47 PM
This would be a great pick up line: "Hey baby, I own a Viper factory". :D

Napoleon
05-28-09, 07:00 PM
This would be a great pick up line: "Hey baby, I own a Viper factory". :D

Or, "Hey, want to see my Viper . . . .factory"

Don Quixote
05-28-09, 09:29 PM
Or, "Hey, want to see my Viper . . . .factory" I like yours better. Dang! You always get the chicks. :D

oddlycalm
05-29-09, 03:09 PM
Vipers, or vipes for short, was the generic name used to refer to Arizona State coeds when I lived in Scottsdale. :laugh: As it turned out it was a remarkably accurate term in that application.

oc

extramundane
07-10-09, 06:26 PM
It's ALIVE! (http://jalopnik.com/5312213/the-dodge-viper-is-alive)

Chrysler Group LLC announced today that production will continue for the legendary Dodge Viper SRT10.

Originally slated to cease production in December 2009, the Chrysler Group Conner Avenue Assembly Plant - the exclusive home of Dodge Viper production since 1995 - will continue to build the V-10 powered sports car. Chrysler Group is no longer pursuing a sale of the Viper business assets.

Don Quixote
07-10-09, 06:35 PM
Great, now there's no way my wife will let me buy the red one parked in front of the soon closing dodge dealer down the street. :gomer: